Saturday, June 27, 2009

Trying new Breakfast out


I got a tip from an old friend of mine on Facebook saying instead of the carbs that I have been normally having, I should try to have a more protein rich breakfast and it will help my "diet compliance". I have not yet needed any help with compliance, but I did get hungry quite quickly eating the cereal. So, I decided to give it a shot.

After playing around with my calorie app on my iPhone I figured out that a 2 egg omelet with some veggies is basicly the SAME calories!! So, this is a no brainer for me. I would much rather have a hot egg breakfast every morning vs a cold cereal breakfast

Breakfast was quite good and I did not get hungry right after like I did with the cereal. This is my breakfast (215 Calories)...
2 Large Eggs 180 Calories
1/4 C Vidalia Onions 16
1/4 C Bell Pepper 12
1 T 1% Milk (to break the eggs with) 7

Loved it!!

2 comments:

Kipper said...

Hee! I didn't mean anything by the use of the word "compliance", that's just the word used in the literature.

Matthew Shack said...

I knew what you meant :) I did not take any offense (not sure if I am spelling that right) to it. But it is true I did feel more full after the egg meal than I did with the cereal. It was a really good tip.